I Think It's Time For a Bookshelf & Top Five Books

 

Every day I walk into my bedroom and find books on my nightstand, dresser, under my bed and stacked in the corners of my room. I finally decided that I should organize them and I stacked them against my wall. I'm begging my parents for a bookshelf because it's really difficult to reach to the bottom of the stack to get a book. I organized my books according to series by size and from 1st to last book and there are some novels in between. Well that's that about my stacked books.



These are my Top 5 Favorite Books, it took me a long time to decide which books I would pick to put into my Top 5. I will write about each book separately about how and why I fell in love with these books and are very dear to my heart.

  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Fifth Book): This book was different from the other pervious books, everything was changing Hogwarts with the new Headmistress changing the rules and removing what Hogwarts actually is. I felt there were character developments especially from Neville Longbottom, he would not let his friends join the order risking their lives with him standing on the sidelines doing nothing to help. This book made me feel differently from the other books it made me feel a sense of courage with the feeling of true friendship. 

  • The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Third and last book): The story is a pure masterpiece. The true meaning of sacrifice, friendship, love and honour is in the story and more concentrated in the final book. It made me cry so hard not just because it ended it was because I loved the characters so much and the message it gave, it's something you don't find in friends or people anymore which is honesty and loyalty.

  • Peter Pan: It's a children's book but no matter how young or old you are you will love it. It's one of those stories that you read on every level in your life as a child and think of it a magical story of a stubborn young boy who flies and has his fairy at his side and group of lost boys, as a teen or an adult and think of it as a wake up call because that's how I thought of it. It's makes you wonder that we are so worried or excited to grow up that we lose our innocence within the process of being worried and excited. I learned that I should live in the moment and do what I must but not over think what does not need my worry at the time.

  • City of Glass (Third Book): A contemporary story and not your average love story. Its funny, romantic, nerve -racking book and finding one's true self and where they belong. I think that's what the best stories are made of to make you feel a rush of emotions and connect on a personal level that makes you think "Yea, I can relate.". With a twist of an ending that makes you want to know more and reach for the next book. (That's what I did)

  • Perks of Being a Wallflower: A coming of age book that relates to the sense of being lost and trying to find your place in high school or the world. It provides real life problems whether its school, abuse, love, hate and desires, it shows how you can still make it in the end.  It does not matter if it takes hours,days,months or even years to solve or achieve a certain thing one needs patience.


Smile, laugh, love then all is well.
-Soraya 


Comments

Popular Posts